Thursday 20 September 2007

Adios Jose... What did you say again?

Mourinho moved to Cheslea in June 2004 and won two Premier League titles but the Champions League trophy seemed inevitably out of his reach. And with all the money in the world he still couldn't make Chelsea the best team in Europe, or get them to the final for that matter.

So he left the club by mutual consent and his ridiculous tirade about eggs, Waitrose and omelettes will be the last 'Jose' quote we'll hear for a while. So here's some other jose classics to make you laugh.

"Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm European champion and I think I'm a special one."

"There are only two ways for me to leave Chelsea. One way is in June 2010 when I finish my contract and if the club doesn't give me a new one. It is the end of my contract and I am out. The second way is for Chelsea to sack me. The way of the manager leaving the club by deciding to walk away, no chance! I will never do this to Chelsea supporters." ... Ahem.... yeah right.

"If I wanted to have an easy job...I would have stayed at Porto - beautiful blue chair, the UEFA Champions League trophy, God, and after God, me."

"The circumstances are difficult for us with the new football rules that we have to face. It is not possible to have a penalty against Manchester United and it is not possible to have penalties in favour of Chelsea. It is not a conspiracy, it is fact. I speak facts. If not, I need big glasses."

"Young players are a little bit like melons. Only when you open and taste the melon are you 100 percent sure that the melon is good.Sometimes you have beautiful melons but they don't taste very good and some other melons are a bit ugly and when you open them, the taste is fantastic."
And for those of you who missed the eggs metaphor...

"Omelette, eggs. No eggs, no omelettes. It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have eggs, class one, class two, class three. Some are more expensive than others, and some give you better omelettes. When the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem."

Ladies and Gentlemen... Jose Mourinho has left the building.